How to Set up iTunes Ping Account in iTunes 10
By Elisha | Sep 7, 2010 | In Mac
Filed Under :
Do you know how to set up your Ping account in iTunes 10? iTunes Ping was released on September 1st which is a social network for music. In the following tutorial, we are going to show you how to set up your iTunes 10 Ping account.
Other People Are Reading:
How to Set up Ping Account in iTunes 10
allows users to create music profile or choose artists, it also give you recommendations for featured music you may like.
You can set up your iTunes Ping account
with just simple steps:
1. Download iTunes 10, and after you have installed it, open the application and click on the "Ping
" button in the toolbar.
2. After selecting Ping in iTunes 10
, you will be taken to the window shown below, click "Turn On Ping
" and continue.
3. After you enter iTunes 10 account
password and accept the iTunes Terms and Conditions, you will begin to create your profile.
When choosing a picture, you will be given the option to zoom in and crop out your picture to your liking. Press "Set" to save the photo to your iTunes Ping profile
4. After filling out the requested information including "About Me" and "Genres I Like", you will be taken to a new page where you can choose up to 10 default songs that will be displayed on your profile.
You can choose to have the music you like automatically displayed, or pick your favorite songs yourself.
Provided is a search bar, where you can find your favorite songs and listen to 30 second previews of each.
Press "Add" next to the songs you like, and they will fill in one of the 10 blank spaces.
You can re-arrange the album covers in iTunes 10
to however you would like by clicking and dragging the thumbnail images.
5. Choose your Privacy Settings in iTunes Ping
. Unlike other social networks (cough, cough, Facebook), the privacy options are very straightforward - there's only 3 options to choose from.
6. Once you have your Privacy set the way you want it, click Done and you will be connected to the new Ping social network