How to Fix Black Screen Issue When Installing Ubuntu 10.10
The final version of Ubuntu 10.10 has been launched in Oct.10. When install this latest version, you may met the black screen issue. Don't worry about it. This tutorial will guide you to fix black screen issue when installing Ubuntu 10.10.
Other People Are Reading:
Fix Ubuntu 10.10 Installing Black Screen Issue
1. Go to Grub Menu, choose "Ubuntu, with Linux 2.6.35-22-generic
2. Press "E" to edit the boot parameter
3. Change the line from
linux /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.35-22-generic root=UUID=3df857a3-9c1b-4fd3-b0fc-52838eaa2023 ro quiet splash
linux /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.35-22-generic root=UUID=3df857a3-9c1b-4fd3-b0fc-52838eaa2023 ro nomodeset single
4. Once finished, press "Ctrl+X"
5. You can see the kernel loading messages from the screen, and the console
6. Login, and try startx. If you can boot into the desktop environment, congratulations. If not, you have to rey to use apt-get
to install your graphic card driver
off the console.
7. If you are on the desktop GUI
, go ahead and activate the "Additional Drivers" under System > Administration. And reboot.