Android 2.2: Install on Jailbroken iPhone with Bootlace
Ever wish you could run Google Android on your aging iPhone 2G/iPhone 3G? Thanks to Bootlace 2.1, you can now install Android 2.2 in jailbroken iPhone and doesn't need to connect to any PC. Now, the following will show you how to install Android 2.2 on iPhone 2G/3G with bootlace over-the-air.
Other People Are Reading:
The easiest method installing Android on iPhone 2G/iPhone 3G
is the iPhoDroid, but the problem is users must have computers to run all the process of installing Android on iPhone 2G/3G
. But installing Android 2.2.1 Froyo
on your jailbroken iPhone 3G/2G is quite easy, as long as your phone is jailbroken, you won't need connecting iPhones to a computer to get Android up and running.
Before you starting, make sure your current iPhone firmware is very compatible:
- iPhone 2G- 3.1.2, 3.1.3
- iPhone 3G- 4.0, 4.0.1, 4.0.2, 4.1,3.1.2, 3.1.3
If you meet all the above requirements then proceed with the following steps.
1. To do this you will need to grab Bootlace from the following repository in run Cydia from your iPhone's springboard, Tap add source "http://repo.neonkoala.co.uk/", and then you need to install "Bootlace" as shown in the screenshots below.
2. From "Bootlace", you need to install "OpeniBoot".
3. Tap on the "iDroid" in the bottom row to install iDroid once "OpeniBoot" has been installed. This operation is automatically download and firmware installed.
4. Hit the "QuickBoot" tab at the bottom in order to restart your iPhone then boot into
Android 2.2.1 Froyo
. Besides, you can also get future updates for iDroid by launch the Bootlace and hit"iDroid".
Once installed, just need to launch OpeniBoot app, click "QuickBoot" to reboot your phone into Android. You can configure the boot menu and determine which OS will boot automatically from the OpeniBoot tab