Android 2.2 Guide: How to Root and Install on HTC Droid Incredible
Android 2.2 has been released for some days, which will bring some new and useful features. Do you have a plan to update your HTC Droid Incredible from Android 2.1 to Android 2.2? This tutorial will offer a full guide to help you root and install Android 2.2 to your HTC Droid Incredible. You should backup all your files, follow this tutorial carefully, and your HTC Droid Incredible will run with Android.
Other People Are Reading:
Root and Install Android 2.2 on HTC Droid Incredible
What's you need?
1. HTC Droid Incredible
running with Android 2.1
2. Unrevoked v3.1 package, which is available on Windows, Linux and Mac.
3. A custom ROM (Sky Raide)
4. Unrevoked modified USB driver
Setup and Root HTC Droid Incredible
1. Download Unrevoked modified USB driver and save it an easy-to-find place in your HTC Droid Incredible
2. Change the HTC Droid Incredible
to debug mode.
3. Go to Settings-> Applications->Development, and plug in your Android
4. Connect your HTC Droid Incredible
to computer and install the first driver. There will be a Found New Hardware Wizard window opened up. Direct this window to your folder where the USB driver is saved and run by the wizard.
5. Turn off your Android
phone. When it is off, keep holding the power and volume down button to boot to enter HBOOT menu.
6. In the HBOOT mode, you should plug in your HTC Droid Incredible
again to open up another Found New Hardware Wizard windows. Direct the window to the folder of USB drivers again and make it go automatically.
7. Unzip the Unrevoked package and launch the reflash.exe. The client will run automatically. After it finished, your HTC Droid Incredible has root successfully
Install Android 2.2-Froyo
1. You are going to do a full wipe, so you should back up all your files with windows.
2. Download Sky Raide, and put the zip file to your Android
phone SD Card.
3. Boot into HBOOT menu again and choose recovery to boot into ClockwordMod.
4. There is a backup management in ClockwordMod, named Nandroid. Choose Nandroid by the trackball and press Backup to do a recovery image of your HTC Droid Incredible
to prevent something goes wrong.
5. Hit the option from main menu of ClockwordMod to wipe the data of your Android phone.
6. Choose "Install ZIP from sdcard" and select that zip file to install.
Wait for several minutes. When you can see the screen below, your HTC Droid Incredible has been updated to Android 2.2
You may also interested in How to Set Up & Install Android ADB USB Driver
If you want to download more Android Apps
, you can get them here.